- Cookie Technology. Company employs "cookie" technology to help visitors move faster through the site. When you sign on to Company's Web Sites, Company passes a cookie to your computer. A cookie is a string of information that is sent by a web site and stored on the hard drive or temporarily in your computer's memory. This leads to quicker navigation and a generally more positive experience searching for the information you desire.
- Limiting Collection of Information. Company collects and maintains certain information about you and your business when you register with Company. The information you provide can identify you and your business and includes, but is not limited to, items such as driver's license number, birth date, dealer registration number, Vehicle purchases and sales (e.g., type of Vehicle, quantity, price, Vehicle identification number, odometer reading, year, make, model, date of purchase and/or sale, purchase and/or sale patterns), banking information, and financial and tax information. Some of the information collected by Company may be personal information. The collection of personal information is limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by Company in this policy. Information is collected by fair and lawful means.
- Purpose of Collecting the
Information. Company collects, uses and discloses
personal information for the following purposes:
- to process your applications and related documents required to become a registered Company dealer and to make a decision regarding the acceptance or rejection of your applications;
- to ensure that Company's auction facilities are used by registered dealers and authorized sellers only;
- to verify the information that you provide to Company;
- to verify, evaluate and/or monitor your creditworthiness;
- to assist with the collection of any amounts owing by you to Company;
- to contact you in response to any purchases, requests, complaints or comments you may have;
- to contact you to provide you with information regarding Company's business and sales;
- to help Company to develop, evaluate and improve its sales and marketing strategies and techniques;
- to provide third parties with information necessary to permit that third party to conduct business with Company and/or effectively provide you with services.
- to assist Company and third parties in evaluating the Vehicle remarketing industry;
- to respond to reasonable inquires from regulatory and/or investigative authorities; and to maintain and update Company’s banned dealer list.
- Company collects, uses and discloses aggregated and individual sales data including sale location, pricing, odometer reading, Vehicle condition, Vehicle description and Vehicle identification number information to assist us and third parties in evaluating market trends, to prepare data analyses, and to prepare market report and valuation products.
- Company provides law enforcement and regulatory agencies with buyer or seller names and other information, some of which may be personal information.
- Company may provide its banned dealer list (which includes the name and address of the affected business, names of all individual representatives of the affected business whose privileges have been suspended, and the reasons for the suspension) to third parties including third party auctions.
- Company may share personal and/or aggregated information that you have provided with other business divisions within the KAR Auction Services, Inc. ("KAR") group of companies. Company shares credit information concerning dealer with its sister companies.
- Company uses analytics tools and other third party technologies, such as DoubleClick Cookies and AdWords, to collect non-personal information in the form of usage/user metrics with your access on our websites. These tools collect and analyze various types of information, including cookies, IP addresses, devices usage, browser information, including cookies, IP addresses, devices usage, browser information, user behavior, page navigation, referring sites and other statistics.
Use, Disclosure and Retention.
- Personal information shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with your consent or as required by law. Personal information shall be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes or as required by law.
- We may permit certain third party companies to help us deliver customized advertising that we feel would be of interest to you based on your use of ADESA.com. If you do not wish to have this information used for the purpose of delivering targeted ads, you may opt-out. To opt- out of the DoubleClick cookie by visiting the Google advertising opt-out page. You can also control your individual advertising settings, Google offers additional information about their Remarketing Privacy Guidelines and Restrictions. See https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549063. Please note that this action does not opt you out from all advertising. You will still see ads on the Internet.
- Accuracy and Corrections. Personal information shall be as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used. If you would like to update personal information previously submitted to Company, request to have outdated personal information removed, or withdraw consent to the use or disclosure of your personal information, please contact Auction ACCESS© or any Auction.
- Protections.Company has safeguards in place through the use of firewalls and password protected computers to control access to your personal information and ensure it is appropriately protected.
- Policies. Company will make available to you specific information about its policies and practices relating to the management of personal information. Upon request, you will be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information and shall be given access to that information. You can challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
- Ownership. All material contained on www.ADESA.com is the property of the Company or its licensors, and is protected under the appropriate jurisdictions copyright laws and international conventions. Except as explicitly provided by Company, you may not transmit, display, reproduce, distribute, modify, create-derivative works from, or otherwise exploit any of the materials on the Company’s web sites. You may not use automated means, such as but not limited to scrapers or spiders, to collect and/or index any information contained on the Company web sites. No materials or intellectual property from the Company web sites may be (a) reproduced, (b) store a significant portion, (c) distribute copies of, (d) frame content of, or incorporate into another website, without the prior written consent of the Company. All requests for permission should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. www.ADESA.com, and the logo of www.ADESA.com, and the names and logo of some of the services of the Company are registered trademarks of the Company. The names and logos of other products and services contained within the Company web sites may be trademarks of other respective owners. The written consent of any owner of a mark is required prior to use of such mark that is contained on the Company web sites. All contents of the ADESA web site are: Copyright 2010 ADESA, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved.
- Links. You are free to establish a hypertext link to the home page of www.ADESA.com ("Home Page Link"). A hypertext link should not state or imply any type of endorsement or sponsorship by Company of a dealer, its company or any other company, or any site.
Updated: March 3, 2014.